Old September 18th 09, 10:57 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
YKhan

Default I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

On Sep 18, 1:24*am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
It's probably more to do with the fact hat you have now converted the
drive to SATA. *Those plug-in converters are notoriously unreliable
(especially if you buy the ebay cheapo ones). I've used several
different ones with mixed results. *How do you know the SMART data is
getting through from the drive correctly, if at all?

As a matter of fact, I did get them on Ebay. They are not perfect, I
found them to be pretty finicky about being pushed in tightly, but
once they started working without flaw.

How do I know that the SMART data is getting through? Well because HD
Sentinel displays them, quite simply. HDS always polls that data, it's
not saved data.

Yousuf Khan