Old April 28th 09, 12:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Fixer

Default Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop screen/display problem

For christs sake stop trying to reinvent the wheel. The problem has been
solved he has the answer, its the panel or cable he knows what it is stop
confusing the guy

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Well, I take back what I said about it being a driver issue. It's clearly
a hardware issue. Any chance that it was flashed with the wrong bios or
that someone changed the LCD panel?

Pete Zahut wrote:
Barry Watzman wrote:
Can you post a screen shot of what the BIOS looks like?

Photo of BIOS screen he

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...=lappyBIOS.jpg

Is there any chance that at some point someone replaced the LCD panel
with a different model?

Just asked my niece and she said no, it's never had a replacement LCD
panel.

Pete.

Pete Zahut wrote:
Thanks Fixer. The problem is still there when looking in the BIOS
and even when running a Linux LiveCD so it's not a Windows driver
issue. The problem is *NOT* there when viewing on an external
monitor, so thanks to your suggestions I'll try a new screen cable
first as that's the cheapest ) Thanks mate,

Pete