Old April 27th 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Pete Zahut

Default Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop screen/display problem

Barry Watzman wrote:
Can you post a screen shot of what the BIOS looks like?

Photo of BIOS screen he

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...=lappyBIOS.jpg

Is there any chance that at some point someone replaced the LCD panel
with a different model?

Just asked my niece and she said no, it's never had a replacement LCD panel.

Pete.

Pete Zahut wrote:

Thanks Fixer. The problem is still there when looking in the BIOS
and even when running a Linux LiveCD so it's not a Windows driver
issue. The problem is *NOT* there when viewing on an external
monitor, so thanks to your suggestions I'll try a new screen cable
first as that's the cheapest ) Thanks mate,

Pete