Old February 16th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Andrew Hodgson

Default Dell express Vista upgrade program

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:20:00 -0000, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

or do I have to install the XP edition before installing Vista?
After upgrading from NT to 2000, I never *ever* want to go down
that route again!

If you read some of the computer press over the last few days, there has
been a work-around to save you having to install XP first, and you can
do it from a clean install.

Simply don't enter a registration code when you install, and when you
boot it'll ask again. Job done !

There are variations on this from what you said to the do an install
over the top of the existing clean install method which I am not happy
with. If your method works that would be better - i.e, it asks for
activation after the clean install.

Have you read any of the non-salesman-talk reviews about it though ? -
it's time to swap to linux, and be shut of the abortion known as
Microsoft forever !

The DRM stuff is scary. However, at current although do a lot of
Linux administration via SSH, I use a screen reader as am visually
impaired and so have no choice for Windows, as the desktop on Linux is
not really accessible at the moment (it works with Orca, but doesn't
speak as much detail as Windows does).

Andrew.