Old August 26th 05, 12:03 AM
George Macdonald

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:35:07 -0500, Gnu_Raiz
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:31:48 -0400, George Macdonald wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:18:02 GMT, CJT wrote:

Robert Myers wrote:

Gnu_Raiz wrote:

What gets me is this new per watt performance metric they are going to
push out? Doesn't VIA have them beat right now?

No.

RM

Actually, I think the answer is probably "Yes."

Its not even close - you can get a benchmark comparison .pdf here
http://www.tollygroup.com/DocDetail....cNumber=205107

Seems to be a dead link, I was unable to download the pdf under Firefox
under Linux.

It works fine for me with Mozilla/WinXP.

I was more under the impression that now Intel was going to
push low power watts as a means of marketing their chips. I took this to
mean that the chip with the lowest power usage wins the day. But now this
brings up a good question, how exactly do you measure watt performance? A
watt is a watt is a watt, maybe someone can educate me on this fine point.

Measuring and expressing results is not easy. There is an obvious space
for a system with the right amount of performance for low heat and, more
importantly, ultra-low noise. The Celeron buried both VIA chips for
similar (enough) power consumption.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald