Old December 15th 04, 06:45 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Good. I think I will remove the Threadmaster s/w and let it have at
it. I have the laptop on AC power and rarely use the battery unless
I'm on the road in the car. Even then I use an inverter. Runs much
slower on battery power.

The system has been perfect from day one. Not a single problem.
(Knock on wood, hand hitting head)

I do keep things clear of the vent openings and the air coming off the
CPU is not excessive although it is quite warm. I can hear the fan
cycle as needed.

Thanks.

the screensaver is very pretty, but it adds quite a bit to the processing
time.

Get the commandline cleint for your OS, and then get a monitor like SetiSPY.

Better utililization of the processor, and faster WU processing times. Plus,
SetiSPY does groovy logs and starmaps and things. Also shows you your CPU
efficiency, and other nifty things.

Give it a look. I stopped doing seti (hard core) a couple years ago. I
stopped with about 11,000 work units completed. Mostly run on SMP machines,
and high end (at the time) athlons.

- NuTs