Old September 22nd 04, 09:55 AM
smh

' -------------------------------------------
Graham Mayor (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)
(Does MS stand for "Mikey S-licker"?)

Graham Mayor (MS MVP) peep-squeaked:

Mike Richter (Friggin ****) splattered:

snip

I agree that I have been hard on 'big floppy' packet formatting, but this is
largely coloured by experiences with InCD which frankly is a waste of hard
disc space. Direct CD I have had fewer problems with, other than
compatibility issues with hardware and operating systems. When it runs, it
does exactly what it says on the tin. If I had to employ such an application
then DCD would be the program of choice.

With such poor standardisation and having to jump through hoops to produce a
stable working environment, you have to wonder 'why bother', when there are
easier methods of putting data on discs? I no longer use CDRW discs for any
purpose other than testing ...
Packet formatting using these applications has become an answer
to a question I am not asking any more

(Have you heard of DLA, InstantWrite, WriteCD?)

When Mikey was shilling for Take Two, supposedly a backup software, as
the second coming, Mikey spewed that it MUST use supposedly fragile,
unreliable, flaky packet writing format, and that's for it to work
IDEALLY !!

=======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Subject: A note on Take Two
Date: 9/1/99

For Take Two to work IDEALLY, your drive must support
packet writing and you must have DCD installed...to do it.
=======================

Moreover, the supposedly *inherently* flaky, fragile, faulty, unreliable
packet writing format was good enough for BACKUP -- even when combined
with the supposedly *inherently* flaky, fragile, forgetful, unreliable
CD-RW media !!

From: Mike Richter (Roxio ****)
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up ...to a DCD-formatted erasable.