Old September 3rd 08, 11:20 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

Default SAN cost per MB........... Fibre and SATA disks?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:00:07 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Boll Weevil wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:03:39 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Boll Weevil wrote:
Trying to do a costa analysis. I don't want to call a sales guy because you
know what happens if you do.

You might get the information you are looking for?

You're either a sales guy or have never tried to price out a SAN.

I'm not willing to sit though bull**** and and am not a pushover. When I
call sales people out, I ask the questions and they answer them or leave.

Is it rude? who cares, if you're on the paying side.

Call them out, tell he to save the stories for somebody else and to fillin
the blanks below or leave.

Fibre disk cost per MB ________________
SATA disk cost per MB ________________

If they need to go back to the office to make a quote, that's fine too.

All those sales people have those prices memorized anyways.

He's right. When a sales rep gets all EMC'y on me I just start to
show him/her the door. They usually come back to the
customer/supplier relationship pretty quick.

Twice it's not worked, and they went out the door in which they came.
Not a problem since there were 3 other vendors waiting for the chance.

In fact, you need to put out an RFQ so you have something solid to
bind them to when the time comes to purchase.

~F