Old September 19th 17, 03:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

Default "CCleaner compromised: better check your PC"

Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
On 9/18/2017 10:17 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 18/9/2017 8:28 PM, Yrrah wrote:
"Piriform, makers of the popular file cleaner CCleaner, confirmed on
Monday 18th, 2017 that hackers managed to attack the company's
computer network successfully.(...)
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/09/18/ccleaner-compromised-better-check-your-pc/

I am appalled...;-)

Why? All software could be compromised because TO ERR IS HUMAN! Want
me to cite Murphy's Laws as well?

I wonder how many of those errors are highly obscure and on purpose,
in order to create some potential "back doors, cracks and creases"...
Ahhh, this is crazy talk! Sorry.

My version is a couple of years old. Since it seems to work, I don't
mess around by updating it.