Old September 19th 17, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.lang.c,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Blake Snyder

Default "CCleaner compromised: better check your PC"

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 04:45:50 +0800, in
news
If you were careful, you should not have relied on tools to protect your
computer. Your instinct instantly tell you whether something was
dangerous and should not have been downloaded.

True that.

What software do you recommend for checking software?

I have Wireshark, for example, but it's complex to use (as you may know).
I also have Fiddler4, & TCPView, & Glasswire.

None of those would have caught it though because all are active sniffers.

What free software, as a passive sniffer, do you recommend that
would/should have caught the spyware in CCleaner when even Avast & Kapersky
didn't catch it?

---