Old January 31st 05, 11:10 AM
Crunchie

"Gama Chameleon" wrote
in message ...
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:24:45 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:43:47 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

Bloody hell, the world of Windows has gone totally crazy now if a
Celeron 2.6GHz is seen as a 'starter system', that's only useful for
internet and office work.

Where's all that processing power going?

Processing power? Bwaaahahaha! Any Celeron is a cheap, downmarket
toy processor.

Yep a 2.6 Ghz Celeron is _so_ underpowered. There is no way I could
even get a command prompt in windows 98 from such a slow toy
processor.

I mean I can't understand why so many companies use Celron based
machines after all they must be under great strain creating word
doucments and performing email activities.

Its not like they have anywhere near the processing power of say a
PIII 500 or anything that mighty.

I believe a the new 75 Ghz Celeron matched with 5 Terabytes of memory is
expected to be able to handle emails and simple spreadsheets (not at the
same time obviously) rumours have it that it might handle Solitare and
Freecell (but thats probably just Intel hype).