Old January 31st 05, 10:52 AM
NDB

"Gama Chameleon" wrote
in message ...
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:24:45 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:43:47 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

Bloody hell, the world of Windows has gone totally crazy now if a
Celeron 2.6GHz is seen as a 'starter system', that's only useful for
internet and office work.

Where's all that processing power going?

Processing power? Bwaaahahaha! Any Celeron is a cheap, downmarket
toy processor.

Yep a 2.6 Ghz Celeron is _so_ underpowered. There is no way I could
even get a command prompt in windows 98 from such a slow toy
processor.

I mean I can't understand why so many companies use Celron based
machines after all they must be under great strain creating word
doucments and performing email activities.

Its not like they have anywhere near the processing power of say a
PIII 500 or anything that mighty.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.

Are we saying these machines are no good for general usage then? i.e. Word
processing, spreadsheets, digi photo work, web surfing and e-mail?

Don't know a great deal about PC's and was just wondering why a reputable
(???) company like Dell would produce such machines?

Thanks.

--
NDB.

(Remove [nospam] from e-mail address when corresponding by e-mail)