Old December 28th 03, 01:12 PM

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:39:39 -0800, nick wrote:

I'm thinking buying a DVD Writer. I've spot DVD writers that has '8X'
marked on their boxes at computer stores, but I only find DVR-RW or
DVR+RW media at 2x or 4x at these stores. Where can I find some
that's capable of 8x? Is it possible to burn 4x disks at 8x speed?

I dont think they have 8x rewriteable speeds. As usual rewritables I
think lag way behind the fastest write once media. In fact many of the
early 4x writers only wrote RWs at 2.4-2x.

Actually most of the cheap stuff I see selling at Compusa on sale is
1x write once but you can write to it at 2x. In fact Nero only says 2x
on my writer. The brand name stuff tends to vary between 2x-4x.