Old December 28th 03, 02:33 PM
John McGaw

"nick" wrote in message
I'm thinking buying a DVD Writer. I've spot DVD writers that has '8X'
marked on their boxes at computer stores, but I only find DVR-RW or
DVR+RW media at 2x or 4x at these stores. Where can I find some
that's capable of 8x? Is it possible to burn 4x disks at 8x speed?

As for buying 8X media, you probably just have to wait -- it is so new to
the market that supplies are short and most of the retail channel hasn't
taken it seriously yet because the demand is small. As for burning 4X media
at 8X it has been reported that the Plextor PX-708X is capable of doing it
but I'm sure that it will only manage the trick with top-quality 4X media.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1313206,00.asp

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]