Old December 14th 20, 03:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
TJ[_3_]

Default What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On 12/3/20 9:09 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
And now I see I'm responding to something from like a year and a half
ago. D'oh!

Don't feel bad, Roger. I just came across this newsgroup myself.

I use three printers, all HP. There's a Deskjet 5650, an Officejet 6100,
and a color Laserjet 1215.

The Laserjet is most certainly the newest, because it is USB 2.0. It was
a gift a couple of years ago, because it no longer met the needs of a
nephew's workplace.

Because it has both USB and parallel ports I believe the Deskjet is the
oldest, but I'm not sure. Both of the inkjets use the same print engine,
and the HP 56, 57, and/or 58 cartridges. I purchased both of them used,
on eBay.

All three work beautifully with Mageia Linux, as well as with a Windows
XP guest in VirtualBox.

TJ