Old October 16th 18, 06:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

4. Press reset button with a tiny screw driver.

That's the 15-second reset, I hope.

Yes.

I disagree. I'd say the event log is the least interesting of all. I
suggest ignoring the log page because there's nothing useful there. The
most interesting page will be the one with this info (after the modem is
connected to the coax and synced up):

Downstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status Modulation Frequency Power SNR
1 Not Locked unknown 329000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 22.9 dBmV
2 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
3 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
4 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
5 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
6 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
7 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV
8 Not Locked Unknown 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dBmV

Correctables Uncorrectables
0 0

Upstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Symbol Rate Frequency
Power
1 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
2 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
3 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
4 Not Locked Unknown 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV

Once the coax is reconnected and the modem is fully synced, you'll get
real numbers instead of all those zeros. Only then can you actually see
what's going on.

Unfortunately this will not be possible for me to see. This status screen becomes inaccessible.

However the ISP took a look at it and they say everything looked fine when connected.

Bye,
Skybuck.