Old June 26th 03, 03:27 AM
Terry

Check Ebay for used cards. I recently bought a TI4200 for $81.00 shipping
and all! It was a big improvement over the MX440 that was in my grandson's
PC.
"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
I'm upgrading my system peice by piece, just popped in a Biostar M7VIW w/

an
AMD 2000+ XP chip, running fine, now I'm looking at video cards. I can't
spend a lot, got a baby on the way, and a 5 year old who eats like a horse
and grows out of shoes and clothes overnight. PCGamer magazine

recommended
the GeForce FX 5200 Ultra as a good, reliable DX9 card and I found it at
Pricewatch.com for around $64. Then I noticed that it's an AGP 8x card,

and
my motherboard's AGP slot is 4x. Could I, or even *should* I put an 8x
board in a 4x slot? I could get a highly recommended (a few years ago
costing around $200) GeForce MX 440 128 4x board for around $50. Would it
be better to stick with what the slot was designed for? I think it would

be
nice to have the DX9 support, but if it's detrimental to the system...

TIA

---