Old March 9th 11, 03:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Red Cloud

Default Scratch out the Upgrading

On Mar 8, 12:13*am, Flasherly wrote:
On Mar 8, 2:29 am, Red Cloud wrote:

*I don't need to upgrade and I returned new mobo/CPU/Mem . *I'm not
sure *spending over 250 bucks is worth considering that new CPU system
just does not operate neither faster nor efficient. *I would rather
buy notebook than upgrading desktop. * For upgrade *I have *have to
buy new HD and new graphic card which means *that *I can't use 3 AGP
card. *In the new mobo, the embed audio system is far worse than
Soundblaster PCI. *So no more upgrade for me. If this old style *mobo
gone *bad, I will just have to buy another out of the style one.

A new MB *can* have onboard graphics and a soundchip. *Both can also
be disabled in the bios. *Use the onboard graphics until you upgrade
from AGP, disable onboard sound and use your SoundBlaster. *The MB
onboard graphics may very well be faster than your existing AGP.
There are parallel to SATA adaptors on Ebay for around $5US. *A new MB
should then be able to then handle your existing HD/DVD with the
adaptors.

Memory, CPU, and MB can cost as little as $100. *If you don't want
speed, you can try a basic dual core. Matter of how low you want go.
If worried about an old system crapping out, better now to be prepared
than totally unprepared with nothing to back you up. *Check your
selected brandnames for part reviews and watch for sales. *Setting up
a new system to migrate over to is work. *Talking about a rush job is
waiting until the only computer you have that runs breaks. *I can talk
about that. *Laptops are even worse unless you need it: *more
expensive and harder when possible to replace parts and rebuild if
they go wrong.

What I don't like it searching and looking for cheap converter of all
kinds.... Or even
searching in Ebay.... Well new system is not much help for me that i
have to throw
away good-old parts. AGP graphic is nice card it has secondary video
output exactly needed in multi-tasking.. I noticed that new mobo
embed with secondary video output is twice expensive than lower-
line mobo. Even worst is that secondary video output is designed for
HDTV which I don't need it. My AGP card
comes with S-video output and HDTV. I also noticed most new mobo
has only 2 PCI slots when I need 3 PCI slots.