Old March 4th 11, 06:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Red Cloud

Default Scratch out the Upgrading

New mobo, cpu, memory are not worth of upgrading.. Aa far as speed is
concern, I don't feel new system improve fast enough to see the
change. the windows xp loading by new system is slower than old
system even I reinstalled the winXP OS. Besides, no AGP slot
available on new mobo which poses the biggest problem, I have to buy
sata DVDRW or even new HD.
Spend 150 bucks on upgrade is not enough. I have to spend another 150
buck or more.
For total 300 bucks is not worth to see the change for better system.
From 2.0G CPU
to 2.7G CPU ain't no change. I bought old mobo since the same model
no more stock by
the store.

What could I miss today's new cpu/mobo/DDR3?