Old February 19th 04, 01:02 PM
Guyver9114

AFAIK It changes the default FSB for the CPU to 133MHz instead of the usual
166MHz.
I had todo the same for my NF7-S rev 1.2 to get above 180MHz FSB.

"Frode Hansen" wrote in message
m...
I used 4 days of tinkering with my NF-7 1.3 (not rev 2!) and my newly
bought 2500+ and PC3200 RAM. It just wouldn't go any higher than
180MHz FSB and then I had to use 1.8V Vcore.

In a rather to-¤#%-with-it state of mind I took a stab on it with my
Leatherman, on the number 3 L12 bridge to be more precise. (Warning: A
Leatherman is rather too large to securely do this kind of tinkering,
but in my case I guess it went well.)

Now it is running 11x200MHz at 1.65V Vcore. Prime95 torture test,
3dmark03, enemy territory - I just don't know what else to throw at
it, it's rock stable!

What does this mod really do, apart from that it doesn't tell the bios
that it is a 2500+ anymore? Does it do anything with the internal
workings of the cpu?

Anyway, I'm pleased with the result.

with regards,
F Hansen