Old February 15th 04, 06:47 PM
-ha-

I've got all the addresses for the DSL connection, but it's fully functional
with DHCP.. So it's automatic, but of course I gave a try with the fix
numbers. Then the mails had been downloaded (MSOE6), but only from my ISP's
pop3 server, all other mails have failed. Then came the reinstall, but from
XP_SP1_HUN to Longhorn_ALPHA_4051_US ... Nothing have changed, the
circumstance stayed the same. Outgoing bytes: yes, incoming bytes: none. In
Longhorn, there were no incoming mails at all. Then -today afternoon- a
reinstall of XP_SP1_HUN, and..... everything's the same. But noticed,
there's 3(!!!) devices on IRQ11!, Quickly prohibited all the intgrated
stuffs, from usb to parallel, and the serial ports, and... letting to work
only the VGA, the PCI-LAN (RealTek)... But... the same again.. NO incoming
bytes...at all. 0 bytes! This sh*t is driving me nuts I swear..

IMO it's a wrong motherboard, I'll bring it back to the shop tomorrow...
Maybe I'll try the newest nForce drivers today.. but honestly, I don't rock
myself, that it will bring the changing..

Cheers for everything;
-ha-

If you are able to download mail, then you have a connection. Perhaps

your
mail settings are correct and your TCP/IP settings are not? If you have

all
the motherboard drivers loaded correctly, and hardware enabled in the

BIOS,
and all Windows updates, either onboard network connection should work.

Do
you connect through cable or DSL? How is your Internet
Properties/Connections setup?