Old December 24th 03, 09:04 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:37:09 GMT Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
Faustus wrote :

Hey! And Merry Christmas to All!

After reinstalling Win98SE yesterday, I discovered that somehow I
messed up DirectX 9.0b. I'm using a Chaintech Geforce4 Ti4200 with the
45.23 drivers. Here's what the Dxdiag program says:

If you re-installed Win98 over-itself without 1st removing any updates
you may have applied to Internet Explorer then you may not be able to
get a stable system again until you do a clean re-install as the
updates invalidate the default setup.exe that win98/SE uses.
You can remove DirectX,
http://www.dxbuster.de/index_e.html
and re-install it but see caveats.This may help.
I would clean re-install this way,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/clean.html
which will leave all the data outside the Windows folder and the
programs files folder in tact but you will need to re-install most
programs.

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,