Old November 15th 07, 11:13 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
***** charles[_3_]

Default New chipsets for consumer motherboards?

snip

Are you referring to a MB using Intel chipset or an actual Intel MB?.

I hate to say it but whenever I have used mb's made by other makers
I seem to run into proglems: hw, sw and rma proglems. I have never
had a problem with an Intel brand mb. Maybe it is just that I have
not used "tons" of them. I have had problems with ECS, ASUS,
Gigabyte and MSI but not Intel over the last two decades. I know
that Intels are not overclockers, they aren't over-engineered, and
they are not the cheapest but they have been solid for me.

thanks,
charles....