Old November 8th 07, 07:19 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Nate Edel

Default New chipsets for consumer motherboards?

***** charles wrote:
I just read that "penryn" will be out tomorrow (2007/11/12).
I just didn't want to be to far behind the tech curve when getting
and building a new computer from parts.

Penryn should work with any of the current generation of chipsets. No idea
at this point whether those will work with Nehalem when it comes out next
year or not, but odds are pretty good that the ones that will do 1600FSB
will.

Core2Duo wrote:
Read my other post in this thread, and be aware that several current MBs
will do 1600FSB.

"Will do" != "officially support," although in practice the former is
usually good enough.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/
preferred email | "With all the accumulated wit and wisdom in the