Old November 7th 07, 11:27 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Nate Edel

Default New chipsets for consumer motherboards?

Nate Edel wrote:
***** charles wrote:
Are there any new chipsets coming out to max
the performance of the QX6850 type cpu's in
the Intel motherboard line? I heard that Nov
is a month that Intel will release a new line
of faster/smaller cpus?

So far as I know, a replacement for the G33/P35/X38 is not due out for a
while.

This page mentions a X48 chipset due out next year that will officially
support 1600FSB.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/...ng/page12.html

At Intel's "Meet the Penryn Experts" event in Munich, an Intel
representative confirmed this by saying "On the desktop, I don't think FSB
makes a difference". Nonetheless, it has become known that FSB 1600
processors, which will require the new X48 chipset, will be released next
year.

Presumably there will also be lower end G4_/P4_ chipsets.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/
preferred email | "With all the accumulated wit and wisdom in the