Old September 9th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
daytripper

Default Won't fire?

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:56:32 -0500, "***** charles" wrote:

Hi all,

I just got a Striker Extreme motherboard and put in it a
QX6600. The ram I chose is four sticks of OCZ
2N1066SR2GK PC2 8500 1G dual channel SLI Ready
EPP 5-5-5-15. The video card is a PCI-e 8800GTS
OC2. The PS is an Antec 550W. The problem is that
after I connected everything, the blue lights around the
motherboard light up but when I push the little power
button on the motherboard, nothing happens. The ram
is rated at 1066 and the motherboard might be defaulting
to 800MHz. How do I get this thing to fire up? I thought
that all faster ram also ran at slower speeds. Do I need
to find some 800 ram to get it to fire and then reset the
cmos to 1066 shut it down and then put the faster ram in?
If this is the case, how to 1333 ram sticks work for
overclockers?

thanks,
charles....

If you can't even get the power supply to fully turn on, your problem has
nothing to do with memory. Either you didn't plug the front panel wires onto
the mainboard correctly, or you didn't hook up the power supply correctly, or,
perhaps the supply *is* trying to turn on but the mainboard is shorting to the
case...

/daytripper