Old January 21st 05, 02:24 PM
Dan G

Faceplates change a lot, look instead at the shape of the drawer, and the
location of the volume wheel and emergency eject hole, as well as the
general location of the LED. The Phillips is the only known drive with that
particular firmware designation.

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:40:31 -0700, Dan G wrote:

And this:
http://www.cdr.cz/rekordery/philips/CDD4201.htm

"Dan G" wrote in message
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?...highlight=C12a

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?...highlight=C12a

Looks like it might be a Phillips

Thanks for the help Dan. The picture on the top link makes me suspicious
that that may not be the drive though. That pic shows a drive with two
round LED's and my drive only has one rectangular LED. They may have
altered this for their OEM drive version however. I'll check into it some
more. I'll probably have to crack the case like the other poster suggested
to make sure. I wouldn't want to flash the incorrect firmware to the drive
and destroy it.
Thanks again.
Dave