Old January 21st 05, 04:44 AM
Paul Heslop

Dave wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:50:29 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

Dave wrote:
If anybody has knowledge of the particulars of this burner I would greatly
appreciate hearing them.

have you tried taking it out and having a look? (ooer missus) I was
lost with my Qtech as it came up as something like Generic drives, but
using a little detective work and the label on the drive I pinned it
down to Artec, which was when i knew I needed a new drive!

Yes, I get a "generic" report from windows on the drive too. I haven't had
the case of the computer opened yet. I was hoping that the experts on the
group may have some idea of whom supplied Compaq with their OEM drives
and to avoid that. Thanks.
Dave

judging from t'other post you may be lucky :O)
--
Paul (That's what keeps me down)
Stop and Look