Old January 21st 05, 05:40 AM
Dan G

And this:
http://www.cdr.cz/rekordery/philips/CDD4201.htm

"Dan G" wrote in message
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?...highlight=C12a

Looks like it might be a Phillips

"Dave" wrote in message
news
I have a Compaq Presario 5834 which I got from a friend for free (good
price). He no longer had any use for it.

It has a factory installed IDE 4x4x24 CD burner. I have no idea what

brand
was supplied in these Compaq factory builds. The firmware is listed in
Windows device manager as being C12a.

The burner software that came on the Compaq system disks was Cequadrat.
This is the absolute worst piece of #$%@ software I have ever seen.
Virtually no ability to specify what type of burn to make. I have been
making nothing but coasters with the thing and am working on getting it
fixed.

Cequadrat came with some ASPI components that were written by the author
of the program and, I believe, also used Windows' native (and sucky)

ASPI
components. I have removed those and have replaced them with Adaptec's
ASPI layer v. 4.6. I am also thinking of completely removing the

Cequadrat
program (it also has a packet writer program) and installing Adaptec

EZCD
and Direct CD. I have a CD copy of this which came with the TEAC CD-W54E
burner I have on my other computer (TEAC CD burner has made only two
coasters in the entire 10 years I have had it).

I need to know the brand and model number of the Compaq CD burner so I

can
determine if 1) the firmware needs upgrading, and 2) if Adaptec EZCD

will
work with this burner.

If anybody has knowledge of the particulars of this burner I would

greatly
appreciate hearing them.
Thanks in advance,
Dave