Old January 21st 05, 02:06 AM
Dave

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:50:29 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

Dave wrote:
If anybody has knowledge of the particulars of this burner I would greatly
appreciate hearing them.

have you tried taking it out and having a look? (ooer missus) I was
lost with my Qtech as it came up as something like Generic drives, but
using a little detective work and the label on the drive I pinned it
down to Artec, which was when i knew I needed a new drive!

Yes, I get a "generic" report from windows on the drive too. I haven't had
the case of the computer opened yet. I was hoping that the experts on the
group may have some idea of whom supplied Compaq with their OEM drives
and to avoid that. Thanks.
Dave