Old April 28th 04, 03:28 AM
GTO69RA4

Are you trying to install on a 5461? The result on a W2K machine is to be
expected, trying to install a Win 9X driver on a NT platform.
HH

I've tried it on half a dozen computers, including the 5461. It's not that it
won't install, it's that it won't even execute. Just gives these errors. I can
run the drivers for almost every other Compaq model on any computer I want (of
course, they won't actually install if it's the wrong OS or computer).

HP was useless to talk with "we don't know why they're bad--order our restore
CDs". Client will probably just upgrade to another brand rather than ordering
anything.

GTO(John)