Old July 7th 04, 05:09 AM
Eli

No offense, Mike, but if you're an audio nut, why in the world did you
install a Creative sound card?

M-Audio for quality sound, Creative for low CPU overhead game play
(and not good for much else, IMO).

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:32:10 -0500, "MikeSp"
wrote:

I just finished a new build based on that motherboard. It has decent
onboard sound which you might try. I am an audio nut and wanted the best
sound for the buck even on my computer and used an Audigy 2ZX Platinum sound
card--BUT found the hard way that there is a problem between Norton
Systemworks 2004 (especially the Antivirus portion) and the Audigy software.
IF I had it to do over again, either Norton or the Audigy 2ZX would have
been eliminated. Just some things to consider.

MikeSp
"Butch Hinton" wrote in message
Hi all,
Need your recommendations:

I am not a gamer, will mainly use my system for
home video editing and may listening to cd's

Do you recommned using the onboard sound or
what soundcard do you recommend??

Thanks
Butch