Old November 19th 19, 12:06 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default Seagate plans 50TB spinning rust by 2026

On 2019-11-17, Yousuf Khan wrote:
It seems rather optimistic that there will still be hard drives by then.
I can recall six years out from the end of floppy disks that it was
already pretty obvious that they were going to be gone soon. I get the
same feeling with HDD's.

How much will a 50TB SSD cost versus Seagate's 50TB HDD?

Spinning drives will be around until the cost of SSD storage
reaches parity with them.

Samsung 4 TB SSD: $450
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-...dp/B07L3CLM2B/

Seagate 12 TB HD: $313

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-IronW...dp/B075XPBD5B/

So it looks like HD's are 23% of the current price of an SSD. That is a
big difference to make up.

Lynn