Old August 23rd 19, 12:55 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Rene Lamontagne

Default Windows 10 and Laser printer

On 2019-08-22 6:42 p.m., Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:52:59 -0500, Rene Lamontagne

On 2019-08-22 2:39 p.m., Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:00:03 -0500, Johnny wrote:

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:15:14 -0500
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

Windows 10 version 1903 OS build 18362.239.
Printer Okidata c5150n, driver C51200GDEA.exe
Couple days ago I sent a file to the printer but nothing happened, I
last used it a couple weeks ago and it was fine then.
Did a bunch of things such as delete and reinstall driver, tried it
in USB and network modes, nothing, no messages or warnings but found
it had disappeared from the add printers page, tried to add printer
but no luck, tried new Lan and USB cables, zilch, Ran up a Linux Mint
live USB stick and the printer works fine, Same for MX Linux.
So the printer is OK and it has to be our friendly Windows again with
their lovely update gifts , I suspect another crappy update so even
tried a new fresh install, Nope still no printer, So who has an idea
on how to proceed now?
thanks for all help and ideas.

Maybe Windows 10 just stopped supporting it. I think I remember you
saying it was an old printer.

Then he should find an exclamation mark in the list of drivers for his
printer.

there is no listing for my printer in Windows, The driver I have been
using is the original OKI driver since about 2009.

I have an OKI C5600 of about that age or possibly slightly older. Its
running quite happily on Windows 10 via a network. I had a driver and
installation software and it loaded and installed quite easily.

Have you looked at
https://okiprinting-en-gb.custhelp.c...ith-windows-10
or similar?

Rene

It's good to go now Eric, the driver was and always worked good good in
Windows 10 but something screwed with it somehow and made it jump the rails.

Rene