Old August 8th 07, 12:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default What's a "BCI-6?"

Gary Tait wrote:

Richard Steinfeld wrote in

Michael, who made the "BCI-6?" What is it? Hint: Please always put the manufacturer in the header. I'd really like to know -- I might be using compatible cartridges. Thanks; Richard

BCI-6 is a Canon "Thinktank" cartridge. It is a separate single color ink tank used on mid-high end printers.

It is used on their basic low priced printer like the IP4000.  It is no longer used.  Canon improved the ink.

The tank long and thin, has a sponge in one end, and a reservoir in the other. The CLI-8 cartridges are an update on the same form, to include a chip. Often used alongside BCI6 cartridges is the BCI3E-BK, which is a cartridge like the BCI6 series, but about twice as wide. It typically has pigment black for text. Its newer cousin alongside the CLI-8 is the PGI-5.