Old June 13th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.folklore.computers,comp.arch.storage
Stan Barr

Default Bulkiest removable storage media?

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:48:43 -0700, Tim Shoppa
wrote:

[ BBC VERA]

Working with the figures provided (20" diameter, 1/2" thick) and a
density of steel of 7.8g/cc,I get a weight of 20kg which is like 44
pounds. (Yes, this ignores the weight of the reel itself, but it also
overestimates the weight of the tape because the center of the reel is
not occupied). A bit of a pain to lift up to head-height, but not a
contender compared to 400 pounds!

I'm glad someone reminded me of the name...
I've got an article about it in a magazine *somewhere*, which is where
I remembered it from. Quite where that mag is in the hundreds I've got
here I don't know!

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!