Old May 29th 04, 08:45 PM
Elector

"SonicClub" wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
Well, thanks for trying to help, it seemed so promising. The restore

CD I
was asking about has the BU folder, but not the DOSMENU folder. The
restore floppy that goes with the CD has Arj.exe, but not Unarj.bat,

have a restore disc that went to my second Packard Bell PC that was

made
in 1998, but even that CD didn't fully match this tutorial you

posted. My
newer Packard Bell's restore CD has the DOSMENU folder, but also no

BU
folder and no Arj.exe, or Unarj.bat. I'll still try to use your

advice to
try to help me use the restore CD's unless you got some other

information.
By the way, the restore CD I was asking about had Windows 3.11, so I

am
guessing my restore disc must be a little older than yours so maybe

a few
other things need to be done, maybe a different way of using the

restore
disc, I don't know, got any ideas? Anyway, I appreciate your reply,

that
info may end up helping with something, I may just have to figure

out what
needs to be done differently, i'm sure using this restore CD

couldn't be
too much different than yours, they seem like they're pretty close

to the
same time. If you or anyone else has any more help, feel free to

post.
Thanks.

I have been searching the net for this for you but I am at a dead end,
unless I can find my old systems credentials from my old PB Platinum
Supreme the format number was something like 55555.scr or cre or cse
something along those lines. I cannot remember the last identifier
sorry. Maybe Ben or Metronid can supply that end part after the dot
(.)

I was under the impression that the numbers themselves don't actually
have to match but the last part does.

I will keep looking and report back if I am successful.

Elector