Old February 28th 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Video Card

Yes both companies(and others) make variants of the x1950pro. Be careful of
the Sapphire card, check the sapphire forums, that card looks like an
absolute dog due to poor cooling.

"Squat" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Squat wrote:
To all,
What is the best (fastest) AGP video board (AGP 8X) out there.
I have an ATI Radeon 9800 and am considering an upgrade.
Thanks in advance.

X1950 Pro AGP is one option.

7800GS AGP is another.

Charts to give you a rough idea.
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Paul

Paul,
I am confused now that I look at this.
How many people make this card? (x1950 pro)? I saw the HIS one and I saw
one from Saphire
(http://ati.pricegrabber.com/search_t...terid=31958690)

Do different companies make video cards using the ATI chipset?

My apologies if this is a stupid question. My curiosity is peaked now.
Both of these look fine although the one you indicated has a higher core
closk speed.
Thanks,