Old February 17th 14, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Best app for partition recovery

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:06:52 +0000, Jim
wrote:

I am running a new instal of win 7 U x64 to be honest i should be able
to get my hands on any of the latest software most offer shareware with
option to upgrade to recover so i'm happy to do that, i'm willing to buy
anything to get my data back.

Knowledge can be in a currency at times difficult to convert from
experience: what irony serves, in this case, that a 3T drive wouldn't
offhand avail itself any less readily to a larger function and
capacity of storage, at $30US a T, comparatively to $70 for an initial
entry offer to platters (or, hypothetically, in silicon SSDs for
eminent price-drops at usually some inevitable future point).

Right now, I've two docking stations limited to less than 2T drives,
and only one DS able to handle 2T. By formatting/partitioning my
physical 2T drives, at less than 2T, from a either a MB BIOS, or on
that 2T compliant DS, say, for being within a capacity for the
less-than-2T docking stations to indeed recognize (for established
storage data, copying/writing purposes).

Theoretically. Not sure I've back tested that line for a stratagem;-
most certainly not at 3T, as I haven't that large of a drive yet.

At USB2 10-12MByte transfer speeds, a travail of absurdity, perhaps
over days to fill sizeable 3T drives.

Reminds me of an early 20 Megabyte drive on dedicated controllers
before hard drives were established for a BIOS function. To test
20MBytes of archived data in compression formats, before ZIPS, on a
4.7MHz 8088 or 6MHz NEC V20 necessitates 48 hours.

Indeed, how time literally flies when you're having fun, yes?