Old April 12th 06, 05:02 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default VT in intel cpu

Hi
I have some question . I tried the vmware workstation and xen
software. i know that intel now release the vt technology in their CPUs.
I know that this option can be enabled/disabled in bios.
Let's assume that I installed the vmware on linux. And windows on
vwmare. Everything is working ok, but then I want to turn off vt
technology in bios. What will happens ?
The other question is: How i can check the benefits with VT enabled and
disadventages w/ VT disabled. What does vt give me ? better performance
? if yes then how i can check/be this ?
Thanks for your help

best regards
Rafal