Old April 10th 08, 02:47 PM posted to comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Default Good RAID for New Desktop Machine?

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Cydrome Leader wrote:
In comp.arch.storage Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 21:41:36 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
put finger to keyboard and composed:

In comp.arch.storage Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Cydrome Leader wrote:
In comp.arch.storage Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Cydrome Leader wrote:
In comp.arch.storage Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Doug White wrote:

I can name you a lot with the 2410SA. Non-functional
commandline-interface that does not allow any automatisation.
Keeps dropping drives. Takes forever to resync. No SMART support
despite claims to the contrary. Incompetent technical support.

Expensive trash.

Arno

never had a drive drop or resync problems, and i've intentionally broken
arrays by yanking out the sata cables on a live system.

what firmware versions are you running?

As this thing was unusable and I had to get the storage running,
it has been disposed of by now, I expect. I bought it 4 years
ago.

This card didn't even exist 4 years ago.

Product Reviews - Hard disks - Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 2410SA:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/50553...id-2410sa.html

a 2420sa isn't a 2410sa, kind of like how 3 isn't equal to 7

Both are numbers. If looking at a 3 strongly suggets the people
producing it cannot count, the same is likely true for the 7.

Oh, and BTW, you have just been caught in a lie. Anything you say
now is suspect.

Arno