Old December 17th 20, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rene Lamontagne

Default What's a good new 24"+ monitor or even a TV (smart & 4K R OK)?

On 2020-12-17 3:00 p.m., Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
What's a good new 24"+ monitor or even a TV (smart and 4K are OK,
but please no Roku since their RCs are awful without numbers for
cable & OTA inputs) for mostly computers (Internet, meetings, Office,
etc.), gaming, videos (locally and online), etc.? It will be placed
on an office desk. It also needs to have old VGA (DVI adapter if
needed) and HDMI. Composite and other old connections are OK. Budget
isn't an issue. Anything good from Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, etc.
online and in their So. CA stores?
I'd like to buy it before this crazy year ends too.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

Use the selector on Newegg and turn on the connector
mix you want. The returned list should be short.

VGA is no longer provided on video cards. This
removes the incentive to have VGA on the monitor.

Benq make a couple well equipped monitors, but
these use a TN panel. 170/160 viewing angle.

https://www.newegg.com/benq-gl2780-2...82E16824014656

This one ships from Asia, has a 178/178 screen
(could be better than TN), has VGA and HDMI, no DVI.
It's a bit on the expensive side for what you get.

https://www.newegg.com/dark-blue-gra...9SIAHSBBJ32087

You're about two years too late for a "selection".

*******

This comes pretty close. Don't know what part of China
it ships from. Maybe it actually ships from Amazon ?

"Philips 276E9QDSB 27" frameless monitor, Full HD IPS"
Â*Â*HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, and audio out

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-276E9.../dp/B07CLMDH3K

Â*Â*Â* Paul

I have 2 of these, IPS 178-178 deg viewing angle.2 HDMI and one VGA port
if you need it, I use HDMI on both machines, Great monitors.

https://www.amazon.ca/Asus-Designo-M...239875&sr=8-52

Rene

BTW forgot to mention, those are Canadian prices on Amazon.ca and they
have 8 in stock, no long waits, I paid $300.00 each when I bought mine
so the price has come down some.
There are so many choices on Newegg and Amazon that it is hard to
choose. :-)

Rene