Old September 2nd 05, 07:27 AM
Dre

"Bobtail" wrote in message
Dre wrote:
"Robert Hancock" wrote in message
news:GSPRe.349820$5V4.210499@pd7tw3no...

Bobtail wrote:

My vid card came with an adapter for VGA to DVI. The Sony LCD monitor I
have comes with a VGA connector. Should I use the DVI adapter or the

VGA
connetor?

On an LCD, if it has a DVI connector, you should generally use it.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

But this is about monitors/LCD screens with only a VGA connector. I'd

like
to know this aswell.

With a screen that only has a VGA connector, is it better to run the

video
card through a standalong VGA cable or is it better to run the video

card
through a VGA-DVI connector first???

Do you get different results with an LCD via DVI-VGA over VGA, and also

with
a CRT running through a DVI-VGA connector over a VGA?

Cheers Dre

Exactly my question. Too bad Im too drunk to articulate the question so
succinctly.

Cheers Dre