Old December 13th 20, 04:58 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Arlen Holder

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 21:55:31 -0500, David W. Hodgins wrote:

Yes, when using a usb dongle for a wireless keyboard/mouse. Workaround is that
when I need to access the bios menu is to boot with the dongle unplugged and
a ps/2 keyboard plugged in.

Hi David W. Hodgins,

I solved the inability to boot to BIOS for a few days using these steps:
1. I turned off all power
2. I removed EVERYTHING that wasn't essential
3. I put the power back
4. I held the power button down for 10 seconds & then once up & down
5. When it booted to POST I tapped the F10 key
6. And I was able to get into the BIOS (for the 1st time in a days trying)

Note: I'm not sure if every step above was needed; but that's what worked!
o https://i.postimg.cc/RhSXCJQn/cmos04.jpg

The result was I could turn the virtualization ON in the BIOS.
o And then OFF in Windows (Turn Windows features on or off).

To me, that makes zero logical sense (certainly it's not intuitive)...
o But it worked, so I can move on with my Android "hello world" emulation
https://i.postimg.cc/NF900ZCY/cmos07.jpg
--
If someone can explain the logic of what just happened, please do.