Old December 13th 20, 04:58 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Arlen Holder

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 03:37:47 +0000 (UTC), JT wrote:

What model PC?

The PC make & model was listed in the opening post.
o But never mind. I solved the problem.

What I did was remove everything possible connected to the desktop.
o The only things I left connected were the absolute essentials.

And then, magically, the F10 worked just fine when POST said to tap it.
o Go figure. https://i.postimg.cc/RhSXCJQn/cmos04.jpg

A pic of the back of the motherboard with all the inputs would be helpful.

The strangest thing is this Hyper-crap, which I never understood.
1. Apparently, I have to turn it "ON" in the BIOS
2. But I have to turn it "OFF" in Windows (Turn Windows features on or off)
https://i.postimg.cc/zD2nHQqQ/cmos05.jpg

That makes no sense (to me) and, worse, is quite unintuitive (to me).
o But that's the only way I could get Android emulation to work.
https://i.postimg.cc/hjGjkX9X/cmos06.jpg

In summary, two things had befuddled me to no end (they made no sense):
A. I couldn't get to the BIOS with "stuff" plugged into the ports, and,
B. You have to turn Hyper-crap ON in BIOS and OFF in Windows,
C. Just so that Android emulation will work (on an AMD CPU).
--
If someone can explain the logic of that circumstance to me, please do.