Old September 18th 13, 07:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

Default Why doesn't Explorer navigation pane arrow keystroke show contents?

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:47:52 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message

"dadiOH" dadiOH invalid.com wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Is there some reason that Explorer navigation pane
arrow keystrokes no longer cause the folder contents
to show in the main window?

Does it bother everybody except Microsoft management?

Not me because it works just like it always has.

Some people might not be old enough to have used Windows
XP...

I believe it's been since after Windows XP, since Windows
Vista. In the Explorer navigation pane, using the
keyboard arrow keys to navigate from one folder to
another no longer works. You must click on the folder
name in order to show the contents of that folder in the
right-hand pane.

It functions as you describe in Windows 8, no idea about Win 7 or Vista but
I'm guessing it does in them as well.

Just tried it in my W7. It works as John Doe describes.

John. I have to say I never noticed the behavior. There are other things
about the current Explorer that annoy me; maybe my awareness of this
problem got lost in the shuffle.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)