Old May 16th 09, 01:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

Default Printer spool overflow

wrote in message

I have a problem with a 5675 xerox printer that receive too much jobs.
It is about a software that send jobs continuously, and, as a
consequence the printer hangs up after about 350 jobs of 2 or 3
pages... Its a case of spool overflow. What I'm looking for is a
software that can manage the spool on the print server (windows 2003
srvr) to add 2 seconds of idle time between every 100 job. Thus the
printer would not be overflowed.

Programming cost to solve this in-house: $1,000 to $10,000
A commercial software solution (if it exists) might cost $50 to
$200. Buying a second printer for the network costs in the
range $100-500 but we know this would solve the problem today.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs