Old October 12th 05, 02:31 AM
Kane81

Man, these NAS/Argosy devices suck!

I just moved a whole heap of file from the NAS to my media center and
it for some stupid reason created a whole heap of junk folders like
s,!~, _0

now either I've been hacked or the stupid NAS firmware is still buggy
as all hell.

It also say that I dont have permission to delete some files.... I
copied them, but just cant delete them. I of course ran the scandisk
utility and it said there were no errors!

I'm getting rid of my NAS! and am going for a SimpleTech/Maxtor NAS.

I dont have the time to wait for them to fix the problem/firmware.
they should have tested it before they sold it.

They have at least USB ports and can act as a printserver or allow you
to expand your disk space by plugging a usb hdd in.