Old October 31st 04, 03:46 PM
The little lost angel

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 03:28:37 -0400, "Yousuf Khan"
wrote:
Most of the cheap all in one boards are using VIA or SIS chipsets. My
guess is the sheer volume of cheap board sales is what props up
VIA/SIS. Ppp

But who sells these cheap Intel systems? I don't seem to see them when I go
to various home electronics retailers here in town. Nor do you see them from
mom'n'pop computer stores either. Are these like really cheap Celeron
systems that can only be bought in a market in Thailand or something?

They didn't say it was only Intel did they?

quote
ATI, SiS and VIA supply chipsets designed for both widely available
platforms: Intel and AMD
/quote

So given that AMD has been slowly upping their market share and
generally system prices have been falling, it goes to reason that
VIA/SIS would be taking more of the market. Especially when there ARE
cheap Intel based systems being sold by the busier shops here. Which
are also shops I wouldn't go shopping at simply because of the cheap
crap stuff. Ppp

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me