Old May 17th 04, 03:03 AM
Paul

In article , "Fam. Schuurman"
wrote:

No, alas, the outlet has no power adjustment, it is fixed to 15W.
As I have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, I do not need a USB waking
capability.
Also, I do not need a wakeup LAN.

Is it possible to switch off those waking capabilities?

Jur Schuurman

Note: These are usually the default setting from the factory.

KBPWR - Set jumper to +5V
USBPW12 - Set jumper to +5V
USBPW34 - Set jumper to +5V
USBPW56 - Set jumper to +5V
USBPW78 - Set jumper to +5V

"Power On By PCI Device" [Disabled]

The onboard LAN chip could be powered by +5VSB, to support the
wakeup function. Maybe you could try disabling the Onboard LAN,
then attempt a shutdown and see if the power is reduced enough
to work.

"Onboard Lan" [Disabled]

While there are some transistors used on the motherboard
to control power flow (like the ones connected to the
fan headers), I don't know if that technique is used on
any of the motherboard chips or not. Some chips have a
disable pin, and many chip designs are filled with power
saving features, so it probably isn't necessary for Asus to
switch off the power flow to the chips using a pass
transistor.

Paul